I got up at around 9:30 today and gave the last bit of stuff to my grandparents to pack in their bags for me. Hopefully that will take 10 pounds or so. I put in my laundry and then we all went out for breakfast, my grandparents, aunt, uncle and me. When we got back, Carlos took the dogs for a walk and I stayed back and chatted with my grandparents. We talked about Thanksgiving. I mentioned that we may actually need more than one turkey.
When Carlos got back, we went to the airport so my grandparents could catch their flight home. He had a lunch meeting in Syracuse, so he directed me to a couple stores and restaurants nearby. It was in an area called Armory Square.
The first place I went to was a store called The Sound Garden. It was a huge used/cheap cd and DVD store. I found season 5 of House for only 20 bucks and got 2 seasons of South Park at 15 bucks each for Mike (I owed him 30 bucks). Then I checked out a few of the other stores around there but nothing really intrigued me.
I went into a place called the Blue Tusk. It was a bar/restaurant with a million beers on tap that I had never even heard of. I ordered a shock top though, it's one of my favorites. I had a roast beef sandwich and Carlos came to meet me there after his lunch.
We went to Wegman's, which if you've read my previous posts, you'd know that it's the most amazing grocery store ever. I got this chicken filled portobello mushroom which made a fabulous dinner. After Wegman's, we went to an animal farm that's run by some people that Carlos and Jen are friends with. It was a legit farm, covered in manure and full of cows and sheep. It was... interesting.
After we got back we relaxed. I watched some Tosh.0 and some Cash Cab while drinking a Shock Top. Then I played Madden with Daniel. Quite the perfect night. I moved my stuff to the downstairs room so Julia could have her room back. I watched the Biggest Loser and then watched the dems get pummeled at the polls. Oh well, what goes up must come down I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment