I finally got to see Syracuse University today. They have the Marriage and Family program that I'm looking for. I loved the campus. It was like a smaller better version of UF. It was really crappy weather but I still walked around and checked out the buildings. I could see myself going there.
I spent a good amount of time in the bookstore. I was on my iPod for most of the time trying to figure out how I should get to Guelph and back to Toronto this weekend. I somehow strayed away from that and ended up looking up how to become a forensic psychologist. It's something I've recently become interested in doing. I feel like I've just been kind of denying it to myself, since I've been so sure for the past 3 years that I want to do marriage and family therapy.
So I started looking up criminology programs and Florida State has one of the top programs. Ever since I visited FSU for the first time I've really wished that I had gone there, or that I could in the future. I feel like it all kind of makes sense to go there. The program is only 33 hours as opposed to the usual 60 for the MFT program. I guess I'll have to put some more thought into it once I go home and weigh all my options.
Anyway, I met up with Jen at around 2 at her office. She works in the international services building at SU. I waited in the downstairs lobby and listened to a conversation between 3 Asian students and one of the teachers there. They were discussing the boundaries of hugging and handshaking between men and women. It was actually really interesting.
We went home and the kids got home shortly after that. I caught up on missed episodes of House online. We had burgers for dinner and that was pretty much my day. I said goodnight and goodbye to Carlos, Julia, and Daniel since they will all be gone at work and school when I leave.
Jen is taking me to the bus stop tomorrow. It's going to be a 5 hour ride to Toronto. I hope the internet will work on the bus. If not then hopefully I'll be able to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment