I slept in until a whopping 11am today. It was so nice. We all stayed home today since everyone's sick and we just wanted to take it easy. I spent most of my day laying around, hanging out with the kids, and watching House. Tori and I went out to get McD's for lunch. I know I shouldn't be excited for that, but I haven't had fast food in over a week. The dollar menu is my best friend.
Around 5 Tori and I went out while Joe stayed home and watched the kids. We went to this place called Kat Man Du in Trenton. It's a bar/restaurant that you have to be 21 to get into. From 5 to 8 they have an all you can eat buffet for 5 bucks! I don't know how they don't lose money on that. There's a carving station, stir fry, pasta station, nacho/pretzel station, dessert station, and potato station. They serve mashed potatoes with all the toppings you want in martini glasses and the stir fry and pasta is mixed up with whatever you want and cooked right in front of you. The dessert station had a chocolate fountain with so much stuff. They even had oreos and nutter butters, such a win. Tori had a beer and I had a coke and goldschlager. We also got appletinis but they were way too strong. There was a guy there playing acoustic covers on the stage. I actually really enjoyed the music since he was mostly playing hits from the 90's. The atmosphere was pretty good too, even though it was an older crowd. It would be a really cool place to come with some friends for an occasion.
This guy was at the bar dressed in South Pole attire, what a dweeb. He was standing behind me and got my attention through Tori. He was the complete opposite of suave. When I told him I was from Florida, he said I didn't look like I was from Florida. When he asked what part of Florida, I told him Miami. He said he had never met anyone from Miami, and I didn't look like I was from Miami. How can you look at me, see that I'm obviously some kind of Spanish, and say that I don't look like I'm from Miami? This guy was an idiot.
We left after that, partly because I wanted to get away from that weirdo, but mostly because I missed Carter and Charlotte. Honestly, they drain the crap outta me, but they just keep me in a constant state of happiness. I know the rest of this trip will be great, but I'm still really dreading leaving on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment