I am SO glad that I decided to come to Biddeford today. This was definitely the best place on the trip so far, as far as scenery goes. Imagine a beach town and a rural woody area put together. It's amazing! The houses here are so great. Some of them are modest and some are pretty extravagant. This is definitely a place that I'd want to live, if not to raise a family, than at least as a retirment or vacation home.
I headed out early from Boston on Amtrak and after riding through New Hampshire and getting to Maine, I had successfully been in every single state on the eastern coast of the U.S.
I got off the train to meet my cousin Thelma and her husband Stanley. Thelma is my grandfather's first cousin, so my first cousin twice removed. They showed me all over the place. Where we started in Saco used to be a mill town so there were empty factories all around that area. Then they took me along the different roads with views of the ocean and marsh lands. It was really gorgeous.
We had lunch at a restaurant in a touristy area called Kennebunkport. I had clam chowder for the first time. Maybe it was just because I was in Maine but it was really good. We went into some of the stores and I took some pictures of the different views. Then we drove around some more. They took me to all the best views of the water. The beaches were so beautiful and I took a ton of pictures.
They showed me where George Bush Sr. lives. It made me realize that if you're the president when you're young then you will be protected by the government for the majority of your life. Obama will have a good 30+ years of protection. Not bad.
We stopped back at their house and I had my pick of 2 rooms. I picked the one with one bed, since there was no reason to take the one with 2 beds lol. We took the dog on a walk down to the beach which is literally at the end of their street. I am so jealous that they get to experience this every day.
I took a much needed nap and then we went out for dinner. I had crab cakes and lobster bisque, which was another first and another very delicious soup. They told me about all the place they've traveled to. Now that they are both retired they just travel all the time. They've been all over Europe, the Carribean, and I can't even remember all the other places.
I had a great time with them and it was totally worth making the trip up here. I definitely plan on coming back here and I hope I will see them in Florida sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment