Dunkin Donuts back home really has me spoiled. The one here doesn't spread your cream cheese for you. Lame.
Just when I was convinced that Boston subways were boring, I get into a car full of characters. Seeing a bike on the T was pretty unexpected, but even more so with a bleached blond scene kid sitting next to it. I know it's close to Halloween but I wondered if the girl dressed up like an anime character might have been dressed that way anyway. A homeless, physically and mentally disabled guy in a motorized wheelchair came on also. It made me wonder how he ended up on the street when the government should definitely be taking care of him. These 3 guys walked on and one of them was just not any good at hiding how stoned he was. I'd have to say it was one of my more interesting rides.
I went to check out Harvard. It's just like you would expect it to be like. Old and scholarly. After that I went to the Charles stop that is right by an awesome view of the water. I don't really know what body of water it was since this place is kinda surrounded by it. Either way, I took the foot bridge over the highway and took some cool pictures. Then I took the T to the Park St stop which is where all the touristy stuff is. Surprisingly it was pretty hard to find the souvenirs I was looking for.
At 2 I met up with Kate, who is my friend Thomas' girlfriend. First we went through this area with a ton of churches. I think i had been through the general area before but I hadn't taken notice of them. We walked past a farmer's market and went into the Boston Public Library. Words can't even describe how amazing this place was, you'd have to experience it for yourself. The architecture and detail in the ceiling and wall art was fascinating. They had the original Walt Whitman manuscripts and more books than you could read in 10 lifetimes. There were little display cases of historical events and paintings depicted in 3D models. The whole place was like something out of a movie.
After that we ventured to the north end. That's where little Italy is. We were looking or Mike's Pastry which is famous for their canolis. We got lost finding it but eventually we did. It reminded me of cake boss or just one of those shows where there's a crowd of people just trying to get some special food or dessert. It was so huge that I didn't even finish it. I put the leftovers in Emily's fridge. I guess that will be my breakfast tomorrow.
We stopped back at her place to get her ballroom dancing shoes and then went to the BU dining hall for dinner. She got me a free guest meal. It was much better than the UCF dining hall. We split up after that cause she had to go to rehearsal. I had such a great time with her and she completely changed my entire opinion of Boston. Thanks Kate!
I had some time to kill so I went down to a nice view of the water that David tried to show me the other night when it was too foggy. It was so cold down there. I loved it though cause the past couple days have been the hottest and muggiest of my entire trip. I went back to the BU area to see a show that Emily is doing the lighting for. It was called Women and Wallace and it was about a guy who loses his mother to suicide when he is 6 and how he relates to women and life because of it. It was an interesting and comical play. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I went.
When it ended I met up with David and went up to his dorm to print my boarding pass and pay for my bag. We tried to meet up with Emily and Coldstone but it was closed, plus the T was being crappy, partly due to the crazy amounts of crazy drunk college kids out celebrating Halloween.
The 3 of us just messed around in the station for a while. We were playing with the touch screen vending machine for a while and then we entertained ourselves with an empty Gatorade bottle. This was mostly just Emily and I. It seems like David gets more enjoyment out of sitting back and insinuating (or directly stating) that we are acting childish.
Eventually it came time to head home since the T stops at 12:30. I think that's pretty terrible for a big city and college town. Anyway, when we got to our stop I said goodbye to David :( and Emily and I went back to the dorm. I got straight to packing cause I was pretty concerned about whether or not everything would fit. Thankfully I had a good suggestion from Thomas/Kate to roll everything tightly. It worked out pretty well and I fit everything easily. Now I just have to hope that it's within the weight limit.
My flight goes out at 3 tomorrow so I get to sleep in again. I'll be going to Syracuse to see my cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandparents. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them and celebrating Halloween with them. I'm crossing my fingers for snow, the weather forecast says there's a small possibility!
bite me.
ReplyDelete