Monday, October 18, 2010

Day #12: On to NYC

I'm lost with how to start this blog. So much changed in one day. I was so comfortable in Hamilton that I felt like I belonged there.

We ended my stay in Jersey with a trip up to Manalapan to check the locks at Tori's mom's house. Then we went to Wegman's, which puts Publix to shame. It is the most incredible grocery store in existance.

Saying goodbye really sucked. I cried when I said goodbye to Carter and Charlotte. Then Tori was crying too and it was just ahhh. She dropped me off at the train station and I was on my way to my next stop: NYC! When I got to Penn Station I was lost as shit and nobody I asked could help me. I finally just walked up to the street and called my friend Talha to talk me through getting to his place in Queens. On the Subway there was this drunk guy who dropped his soda, chips, and metro card literally every 60 seconds.

I finally got here around 6 and put down all my stuff. Lugging this bag around is such a pain. The area here isn't too bad. It seems pretty safe and the area looks most similar to Hollywood. It is pretty boring here though, but it's only a 15 to 20 minute subway ride to the middle of Manhattan. The actual place I'm staying at is a studio in Jackson Heights. I've never actually seen a studio before so I'm really getting the New York experience.

Around 10 we went to Times Square. Oh man, I was like a kid on Christmas. I just couldn't stop smiling. We just walked around and I took some pictures. I got a bud light at Applebee's and then we kept walking around.

Now we're back home. Talha just showed me his family tree. It's insane. He is from Pakistan so a couple generations ago they were having a ton of kids. Plus he told me how his parents were first cousins. I think staying with him is going to be an interesting learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment