Monday, October 11, 2010

Day #5

Happy Sunday! This morning I got up, had a bagel and cream cheese, and took a shower. I took my legal psych quiz online before Raquel and I left for Georgetown. We rented a double kayak and went down the Potomac. It was super relaxing and just what I needed. I'm so glad she went with me.

Then we went to Bethesda and had lunch at a place called Lebanese Taverna. I couldn't have imagined a better lunch. We had sangria and hummus. She got lamb and I had schwarma. Everything was incredible. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting this area.

Then we went to the famous Georgetown cupcake. We waited in line for like 20 minutes and got a half dozen. They are like professionally made. I picked the peanut butter chocolate one and it was delicious.

When we got back to her house we watched a few episodes of an anime called El Hazard. It's about a high school boy who is brought to another dimension with the others who are near him, by a powerful woman named Ifura.

I took a nap and then woke up and watched a few more episodes. Overall it's been a good, relaxing day. The only thing that sucks is that I have a sore throat. It might just be from the change of surroundings, but it's probably from kissing strangers and inhaling second hand smoke. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse, but I'm gonna drink a ton of orange juice with airborne tomorrow just in case.

We're getting up early tomorrow cause Raquel has class and my bus leaves at 12:15pm. It's at kind of an obscure place so hopefully there's some cafe or something with wifi nearby. Regardless, everyone should expect an excessive amount of calls/texts between 9 and 12.

1 comment: