Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day #20: Shipping up to Boston

I said goodbye to Peyton when she left for school this morning, then to Logan and Raul when they dropped me off at the train station. The Amtrak train was late...again. Don't ride on Amtrak if you can help it.

I got to South Station a little after 11 and met Emily there. We went to her dorm which is conveniently close to the T station. She had homework to do so I wandered down Comm Ave. We met up about an hour later at the union and had lunch together. I hung with her while she worked the ticket table for a show she's doing. I'll probably go to that on Friday.

When she went to class I wandered around without a map. I saw Fenway Park and then somehow wound up at Berklee College of Music. I stopped in at a huge used DVD and cd store. I got Shaun something that I think he will really like and I got myself a DVD of Reel Big Fish live in concert.

I met up with David around 5 and he showed me all over the place. We went through the Boston Commons and he showed me where his school is. I know We took the T to the area by the aquarium to check out the view from the water. Unfortunately, it was really foggy out so we couldn't see much. Then we went to this market with a ton of restaurants called Quincy Market. I had BBQ chicken on mac and cheese, it was much better than it sounds.

Then we rode on the red line across a bridge for the view of the water. It was foggy and dark, so again we couldn't see much but it was still nice. We wandered around the Cambridge area for a short while and then went back.

We went to his place so I could buy tickets for tomorrow. I arranged to go to Maine tomorrow. There's another one of those 2nd cousins once removed there. I have a lot of those. I'm only staying there for one night though. I have to take Amtrak again though. I'm not looking forward to that. It's about a 2 hour ride so I'll be there around 11am.

Once Emily was done with her stuff she met up with us at an ice cream place called JP Licks. I'm glad I could give them another excuse to go there. Apparently they go there often. We went to the station and chatted for a bit before splitting up to head home.

It's really nice to hang out with people from back home again. I had a really good time hanging out with David all night (I know you're reading this... Thanks!) Hopefully when I get back from Maine I'll get to spend some more time with Emily too. For now, I'm out. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. we go there a little too often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you fotgot to mention talking to ur amy-in-law :( lol hope ur having fun :)

    ReplyDelete