I can't believe I've already been on this trip for 2 weeks. It's going by too fast!
This morning I woke up early to go to the Today Show but my legs and feet were killing me from all the walking I did yesterday so I went back to sleep. I didn't even head out until about 1.
I took the E train to the B train and ventured into Central Park. I found a HUGE field in the middle of the park with an incredible view of the trees with the city in the background. I laid in the grass for a bit and just relaxed. It was so perfect out today, low 50's and sunny. I wish I could be in this kind of weather all the time.
I strolled over to Strawberry Fields. That's the place where the John Lennon tribute thing is. There was some homeless guy preaching about peace and love and a guy singing "All You Need Is Love" but it sounded terrible. Everytime he said love it just sounded like he was saying blah. He was ruining pretty much every good Beatles song so I didn't stay for very long.
I decided to go to the Upper East Side to see the Jewish Museum, but halfway there I realized how late it was and that it was probably already closed. I called Rachel, my grandma's friend's sister-in-law, cause we had dinner plans. Coincidentally, I was only a block away from where she was getting her hair done. She recommended a park up the street to go to while I waited for her. It had a magnificent view of like 4 different bridges.
I met up with Rachel and we went to a pub and then to dinner at an Italian restaurant. We had great conversations about our travels and her 9/11 experience. It was really scary to hear about from a New Yorker's perspective.
We got in a cab and she got off to meet up with her friends. She paid my fare for the rest of the way towards Times Square. I spent a while there just walking around. I bought gloves at American Eagle cause I realized I forgot to pack mine. I waited in line for the bathroom at McDonald's for a good 10 minutes before realizing the line was for the men's bathroom. I'm not sure why none of the guys in line wanted to correct me.
As I was heading down 7th Ave to meet up with Talha, I decided to give money to a guy that was playing drums on the street. I opened up my coin container, which is actually a film cartridge, and he started cracking up cause he said it looked like the container that's used to hold medical marijuana and he thought I was gonna give him weed. Hahaha what a champ.
I met up with Talha and we headed home on a bus which took a million years. I just set aside my clothes for tomorrow for the Steve Wilkos show. I have to get up early cause the bus leaves at 8:30. Tomorrow will be a longggg day.
No comments:
Post a Comment