Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day #6 Off to Hamilton

I got to my second stop today: Hamilton, New Jersey. I got up bright and early this morning to come down to DC with Raquel cause she had class. I spent a couple hours wasting time in the Starbuck's across the street from the bus stop. I got a chai tea latte to help soothe my throat. It helped a little. I met this woman who was sitting next to me cause she overheard me talking on the phone about my blog. She is a social network programmer and a consultant for something or other. She was pretty interesting actually.

I headed over to the mega bus stop and saw a black tranny sitting there. And everyone was wearing long sleeves and pants in the 75 degree weather. I guess things aren't much different here than in Miami. I was wearing exactly what I would have been wearing in Florida.

I managed to get 4th in line for the bus so I had my pick of seats. I went to the back of the bus so I'd have easy access to the bathroom. Nobody sat next to me until we stopped in Baltimore. I'd say the bus was 80% college aged people so I felt pretty comfortable. The wifi was no good but it was offset by the fact that they were playing Transformers 2.

The guy who sat behind me was also looking for the SEPTA train to Trenton so we kinda helped each other figure it out. He reminded me of the big black guy from The Blind Side. It took a little under an hour to get to Trenton and then I hopped on the train to Hamilton which took like 2 seconds. My cousin Tori came with the kids to pick me up. I finally got to meet Carter. He is absolutely adorable. Within 30 minutes of meeting me he was running around the house naked. I guess he isn't very shy haha.

We had chicken with potato wedges for dinner. Tori got me ginger ale and cool ranch doritos. They set me up with a bed downstairs too. Oh yeah, I'm pretty happy here.I watched 90210 with Tori and then we went downstairs to watch the Jets game with Joe. Carter woke up and joined us until halftime. I ended up watching the rest of the game with Joe. It was a pretty good 2nd half, even with such a boring first half. I watched tonight's episode of House. It was a pretty average episode. I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow since it's gonna be raining all day, but hopefully we will come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment