I woke up this morning to Dave looking like a mad scientist who got hit by a car. He was so messed up last night, I'm surprised he even remembers anything. Alex was pretty hungover too. As for me, I didn't feel too bad. Thank god I had those chasers with my 3rd drink!
We packed up the car with my bags and dropped Alex off. Then we went to pick up Mauti. I have no idea how to spell his name. He's Dave's friend that I got familiar with last night ;) We had breakfast at ihop, which brought me from a slight headache to a slight stomach ache. I had a hot chocolate which was delicious, but it burnt my tongue.
Dave was kind enough to take me up to Kensington, MD where I'm staying with my cousin Raquel for the next 2 nights. I love her house. It has 3 stories plus the basement and it's surrounded by trees. It's a cute northern home, I really love those types of houses. She showed me around, we did some catching up, and she even suggested some anime for me to watch. They set up a guest room for me here with my own bed, tv, and bathroom. It's such a sweet setup.
We left around 4 to go down to DC. We took the metro, which was my first time. It wasn't anything special but I'm glad Raquel was there with me cause I might hve gotten lost otherwise. She took me to the spy museum which was pretty interesting. They have like all of the devices the spies have used and basically the entire history of espionage. We got out if there around a quarter after 6 and got a quick dinner at this sandwich place called Camille's. It was very similar to Crisper's. I had this really amazing chicken sandwich that was totally worth mentioning. It had sprouts and sunflower seeds on it. Veryyyy interesting.
Finally it was time for the Caps game. Now I really gotta owe it to this team for making this trip come together. The fact that I liked the Caps is what put the planning of this trip underway, since Raquel is also a fan and suggested I come up for a game. So I just want to give a special thanks to Raquel for hosting me here, the Caps for being an awesome team that I can't help loving, and of course Russ, for being the one who got me into hockey and made me a Caps fan in the first place. Thank you so much!
So anyway, we got to the game and climbed up to our nosebleed seats up in 431 that costs 100 bucks each. But yknow what? It was soooo worth it. We were down in the beginning and it wasn't a very strong start for us. But in the 2nd period we were blessed with the true presence of the Washington Capitals. We brought it up to 4-2 which won free lasik for an adorable Asian girl lol. Then with less than a minute to go in the period, Ovechkin was tripped up and allowed a one on one attempt, which he scored on gloriously, bringing the score to 5-2. We scored 2 more points in the last period but that isn't even the best parts. If you know hockey, you know that the best parts are the fights. Well I saw more fights in this one game than I've seen in any other. The last 5 minutes of the period were full of fights. There were 4 in a row, all within 20 seconds of each other, and the 4th fight consisted of 4 seperate fights happening at once. I was loving it! The final score was 7-2 and I couldn't have been more satisfied. We won, I got to hang out with my cousin, see a ton of fights, and see what it's like to be at a home game. I also got a new Caps hat that is so cute.
Overall I'm just really happy with how today went down. Tomorrow Raquel and I are going kayaking on the Potomac, going to some of the Smithsonians, and going to Georgetown Cupcake. She said it's a famous cupcake place so I didn't object, I love cupcakes haha. Tomorrow should be another great day!
I'm so glad you are keeping a blog shana. its so great reading about your trip. it sounds like you are making the most of it and are having so many amazing and unforgettable experiences. keep writing about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm having such a great time reading that your having an incredible time. There is nothing like creating your own adventure and hanging out with family is extremely special also. I agree with RMARCU12. I'm so glad your keeping a blog. Thanks for sharing it. Your a beautiful person and keep writing your really good.
ReplyDelete