Sleeping in today was great. But sleeping on a dorm room floor has caused my lower back problems to flare up again. When I left at 1 I went to the bookstore and got some shirts for my mom's friend who asked me to. I wound up reading different books in there for about an hour.
At 3:30 I went to Back Bay and met up with my cousin Daniel. He is another 2nd cousin once removed, but I had actually met him before. We used to play as kids whenever he came down to Florida. The last time I had seen him was when we were 7 or 8. We went to a burrito place and had smoothies and just chatted for awhile. He's a pretty cool guy. Then we walked down towards Chinatown, though we didn't have a particular destination. At about 5:45 we split cause I wanted to get down Comm Ave to see if I could get an Anberlin ticket.
I guess I'm pretty lucky cause within a couple minutes of standing there I had an offer. This kid asked if I was looking for a ticket, he said that his brother was sick so he couldn't go. He didn't even overcharge me, he offered it to me at face value. He's my hero.
I had a couple drinks and floated around in between the sets. There were 3 opening bands, 1 was pretty bad, the other 2 weren't too bad. Anberlin came on at about 9:30 and they were great. I thought they were even better than the first time I saw them in Orlando. It was strange to hear them saying "how you feelin Boston?" I was almost expecting them to say Orlando or Miami. Overall it was a really good show and I'm glad I got in.
My feet and legs were and still are killing me after all the standing, plus all of the walking I've been doing. Now I'm down in the dorm's lounge to type this out and balance my checkbook. My funds are starting to dwindle down to the last bit. It looks like I calculated what my expenses would be pretty well. By the end, I will have done the entire trip in under $1500. I'd say that isn't too bad for the extensiveness of everything I've been doing.
Well I'm gonna go up to the dorm. Mainly cause there's 2 Asian girls video chatting here and they are driving me bonkers. They are so stereotypical that it makes me want to punch them. Oh and fun fact for the day: they sell condoms in the vending machines here.
No comments:
Post a Comment