Getting up for Steve Wilkos wasn't as hard as I would have thought. The bus was supposed to leave at 8:30 so I was there by 8 but the bus didn't even leave until 9. I sat by myself and didn't really see anybody that I could have a real conversation with. I would have thought there would have been a more educated crowd for Steve but literally every single person was ghetto and from the Bronx or Brooklyn. It was like 90% black. There weren't any white people on the bus. Anyway, the ride was fine though. We actually rode through the Bronx on the way so now I can say I've been in all 5 burrows. Once we hit Connecticut the changing leaves were beautiful. They were purple, red, orange, pink, and yellow.
We waited in a lobby until they called us into the studio. I actually got seated in the 3rd row, right next to where Steve stood for the intro of the episode. It was so crazy seeing him so close. I was literaly in arms length of him. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to individually meet him or get a picture with him.
The first show had 3 segments. The first one was about a dad denying that his son was his, but the DNA test confirmed it. The next one was a girl who was 16 and had been prostituting since she was 12 and had sex with over 200 guys but didn't see a problem with it. Seeing these people in person is sooooo different from seeing them on tv. The last segment was about a 14 year old girl who sends sexy and naked pics of herself to everyone. She was such in idiot teenager. Overall it was a good first show.
We went back out to the lobby and they had sandwiches for us. On my left there were two large black woman ranting about how the other guests were taking too many sandwiches, saying that they were acting like it was their last meal. Yet they must have weighed about 450 pounds combined and they were shoving their sandwiches down their throats. The guy on my right must have weighed 400 pounds on his own, he couldn't even fit in the chair, and every time he took a bite from his sandwich, he grunted. These people really made me feel good about myself.
The second show was great. I got put right in the front row! The first segment was a 19 year old girl who had been prostituting since she was 16. She was beat by her pimp/boyfriend and she wanted to get out if that life. It was pretty intense. I cried a few times.
The last segment was incredible though. This girl comes out and says that her boyfriend's mom has been accusing her of sleeping with the stepfather/husband. The mother was 40 and her husband was 28. The husband and the woman took lie detector tests and both tests said that they cheated. All hell broke loose. The guys were throwing punches at each other and the woman threw a basket from the set at her son's girlfriend. There was sooo much cursing and fighting and it was just absolute insanity. It will totally be the best episode ever. I don't know yet when it will air, but they will let me know once they're done with editing.
When I got back to the city I went on a last minute trip to squeeze in all the stuff I had left to see. I went to take a picture of the American Girl Place store for Sierra and decided I'd go see Rockefeller Center since I was so close by. I noticed the NBC experience store there and decided to check it out. Oh my god. When I walked in my jaw dropped. They had stuff from all the shows I love. I wanted to buy out the whole store. I almost walked out of the store with nothing, when out of the corner of my eye I saw the House section. I freaked out. I bought a shirt, something I have been putting off for far too long.
By the time I was done with all my last minute business it was time for dinner. Talha and I went to dinner at Bubba Gump's and I had 2 pomegranate punches. We shared to Run Across America Sampler and a shrimp stir fry. I got all my Forrest Gump trivia right. Oh and Talha said that bubba in Urdu means boobs lol.
We got off at Roosevelt Island on the way home because neither of us wanted to go home yet. We took a bus ride around the island and then hung out in the bar near the subway. Surprisingly the place was packed. I had a Dr. Schlager which is Dr. Pepper and goldschlager. It's my drink of choice since turning 21. After that I was too tired and drunk to type all this out. But here it is now so I hope you all enjoyed.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete